Thursday, June 4, 2009

ECCEN-TRICK!

Recently, Mary Ward put on their annual art show, this year, Eccentrick, a circus themed show. Eccentrick started in Visual Arts and extended to Tech Design. I thought the art show was great and really loved the bright colours used in the House of Mirrors when I first walked in. I thought the fashion in Art Design was really nice and the Grade 10 Ceramics, especially Sonali's tree!
I loved the multiple exposures and circus collages along with the photography art. The videos created that were displayed in the dark room and the video studio were really funny, and had many "I am Filipino" videos that were all great.
However, what caught my eye was Danielle Roche's fashion and media arts. She created a display where her hand-made clothing was accompanied by a proffessionally binded book (or so I thought) which included different vectorized images. Learning how to vectorize this year, I found it very fascinating that Danielle incorporated all these different types of art into one display.
Although the art show was great, I think last year's, "Echo" was better because of the crates in the back of the school. However, Eccentrick ran smooth and great and was filled with lovely art!I hope next year's is better, but it'll be hard to top!

1 comment:

PheeBee said...

Hey Priscilla!
I really liked Eccentrick this year as well! I actually found the train to be my favorite part of te show, since it totally represented the circus theme. And yeah, the videos were so funny...too bad our videos weren't even made yet!

Is it just me, or is your font EXTREMELY small? xD
Anyways, your blog design is so originial and pretty! Keep up the great and interesting posts!